How’d you get involved in the modelling industry? And how can you describe the experience?
- When I was about 13 years old, while I was shopping at one of my favourite stores, one of the employees approached me and asked if I would model for them. I always loved the idea of being a model, but I never thought I was capable of becoming one. Once I started shooting for them, other companies took an interest in me. After independently shooting for a couple of companies, I decided it was time to get signed. I walked into one of Nous Models’ open casting calls and a week later they signed me. It’s been over a year now and I’ve accomplished more than I ever thought I could. From booking Seventeen Magazine, to flying out to Tokyo, Japan for three months. It’s been a crazy journey, but I’ve loved every minute of it and wouldn’t change it for the world.
Being a home-schooled student and being on the move as a model, what’s your schedule like with work and study?
- School can be very challenging at times, especially when I work multiple jobs back to back. I mostly study on the weekends, which can be hard, because, after all, I am 16 years old and I still want to enjoy being young!
What have you found to be the best and worst thing about being a model?
- The best thing about modelling for me is the adrenaline rush I get being in front of the camera. Some people hate it because of the pressure, but I love it. In fact – I can’t get enough of it! The thing I hate the most would definitely be the inconsistency of work. One week I’ll work almost every day, the next…Nothing. It can be frustrating, to say the least.
Having a growing career on your hands, what are your career ambitions and goals for the future?
- The Victoria’s Secret Angels; it’s my dream to become one. I know it’s still out of reach right now, but I have hope!
Who inspires you as a model and how do they do it?
- Candice Swanepoel is, by far, my biggest inspiration. Whenever I shoot I try and bring out my “Inner Candice”. She has this sweet sex appeal about her, but a bad boy edge too.
What kind of music do you listen to and who’s on your top 5 list of artist/bands currently being listened to?
- I’m a rock girl. I love classics like Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC. My top 5 artists at the moment are: The Black keys, Gary Clark Jr, Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown (I got to meet Tyler Bryant. Best moment of my life!) Jack White, Jet.
Have you been to Australia? If so, what can you say about the place? Or if not, what do you know about the country?
- No I haven’t, but going there is on my bucket list. Well, from photos it looks stunning! I really want to visit Sydney.
How did you celebrate New Year?
- I went to my friend’s house for a couple hours, then went home and watched the ball drop with my family.
Describe your ultimate idea of fun.
- A perfect, sunny day in Malibu with a bunch of friends. Going to the beach all day, then watching the sunset.–The beach is my favorite place!