Time to cozy up or prep for a night out with these boosy fall ciders.
- 8 ounces dark rum
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces thyme simple syrup
- 12 ounces apple cider
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces club soda
- 8 dashed of Angostura Bitters
- sprigs of thyme, garnish
- apple wheels, garnish
- To make thyme simple syrup, combine 2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cups of water and 6 thyme sprigs in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring up to a boil and reduce to simmer, until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place the syrup in the fridge to cool.
- Place all the ingredients in a large picture or carafe with ice and stir.
- Fill your glasses with crushed ice and fill. Place a sprig of thyme inside and put an apple wheel on the rim.
6 cups fresh apple cider
2 tablespoons packed dark-brown sugar
2 whole nutmeg seeds
1 vanilla bean (split and scraped)
6 ounces (3/4 cup) bourbon, if desired
Combine apple cider, dark-brown sugar, nutmeg seeds, and vanilla bean in a medium saucepan. Gently simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and add bourbon if desired. Remove and discard solids. Divide among 6 mugs or heatproof glasses, and top each with a dollop of whipped cream and a few honeyed walnuts.
1 bottle of pinot grigio
2 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
1 cup club soda
1/2 ginger brandy
3 honey crisp apples, chopped
3 pears, chopped
Combine all ingredients together and stir, stir, stir. Refridgerate for an hour or so (or longer!) before serving.