We're getting so excited for NYE! Here are some amazing (and pretty) drinks to make for the big night.
- Makes 1 glass
- 3 oz champagne
- 1⁄3 oz cognac
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 sugar cube
- Soak sugar cube in a champagne flute with angostura bitters.
- Add champagne and cognac.
- Garnish with a sprig of currants.
BRULEED GRAPEFRUIT & GIN FIZZ via Waiting on Martha
...For the Bruleed Grapefruit
- 2 Large Grapefruits cut in half
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
...For the Cocktail
- 2 Ounces Gin
- 4 Ounces Bruleed Grapefruit juice
- 1-2 Ounces club soda
- Thyme for garnish
- Spritz of lime
- Place each half of grapefruit side up on a cookie sheet.
- Mix the brown and white sugar together, then divide evenly among each grapefruit half covering the fruit.
- Broil in oven about 10 minutes or until the sugar begins to caramelize turning a deep amber brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool begin to make your cocktail by combining the gin and grapefruit juice, stir lightly to combine. Top off your cocktail with club soda, a spritz of lime, and ice if desired. Garnish with thyme.
- 24-36 raspberries
- a few sprigs of mint
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 750ml Fairtrade Moscato Rosé or sparkling Pinot Rosé, chilled
- Chill six Champagne glasses, then add the following to each: 2-3 raspberries, 1 mint leaf and 1 tiny sliver of lemon zest.
- Carefully pop the cork of a 750ml bottle of chilled Fairtrade Moscato Rosé or sparkling Pinot Rosé.
- Pour slowly into each glass.
...and for the morning after.
- grapefruit juice
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a cocktail shaker, combine grapefruit juice and five sliced strawberries.
- Shake, shake, shake until your juice is a dark pink color.
- Let the strawberries infuse in the juice for a few hours if you have time. The more it sits, the better it gets.